Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What to Make?

Alright, folks. I have a vital question that requires your input.

On our honeymoon, I bought this yarn.

I would like to knit it sometime soon, after knitting a promised shawl for a friend. It is very special yarn, of course, so it must be a very special shawl. Thus, I am willing to spend money on a pattern rather than sticking to freebies on the internet.

Last night, there were a few patterns that caught my eye. I have to say that right now I am leaning towards Jaali.


Or else Damask, by the same designer.


I really love how textural these shawls are while still looking lacy and light.


But this pattern from Knit Circus--Ripen--also stuck out to me.

I love the simplicity of this, and the pretty leaf edging.

The yarn is single ply, and I imagine that has an effect on how it will look when knit up into these patterns; on my very long list of books to check out from the library there are a few meant to educate me a little more on yarns and fibers and what works best for what and why. But that aside ... which of these patterns would you choose? :)

5 comments:

  1. My vote is always for Damask. I LOVE Damask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd go with the damask too... I like the border on it, and how the edges are a little more rounded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damask for sure. It would look so elegant and lacy in the off-white color. #3 is also very pretty, but I think it would look better in a color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first two more than the third. Good luck deciding!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am going to go against the grain and say that i like the third one the best. i am definitely a fan of it's simplicity!

    ReplyDelete