Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Opinions please?

Not to post three times in a row about knitting, buuuut ...

As I debate which pattern to cast on for the next bridesmaid stole, I'm also starting to think of a wedding shawl for myself, most likely NOT to be worn during the ceremony, but afterward, at the reception and perhaps for pictures.

On the one hand, I love the idea of it being white: the symbolism behind it, and the loveliness of the look of it.

But. I also think having a color could be fun. A teal to echo the bridesmaids, or a shade of purple to (theoretically) echo my bouquet. Of course, my shoes are already teal--a fact that makes me immensely happy--so perhaps that is enough "fun." And yet teal and purple are both colors that are dear to my heart ... (The notion of the shawl being "something blue" has also crossed my mind, but I don't think I'm leaning in that direction.)

Opinions?

No comments:

Post a Comment