Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Little Things


I had an idea that I would crochet an Easter garland, and ordered some lovely colors in this yarn. But it's clear that crochet is largely foreign to me. As I happily perused patterns and pictures of various crochet flowers, the one thing that didn't cross my mind was gauge. When the thread arrived and I realized how small a hook I'd be using, my vision had to be revised. The flowers are smaller than I'd like, but they work up quickly and I intend to make a lot of them.

However, lately I've been drawn to my hexipuffs. Another quick and dirty project, and one I don't even have to look at much while knitting. I do need to buckle down on the flowers if I want a garland by Easter, though.

I've been reading a little of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn at night, but mostly I've been rereading Story of a Soul and The Hidden Face . I think I will read about Therese's family next, especially since her parents are being canonized soon, and her sister Leonie's cause for canonization was just opened. I've been on a Therese "kick" since reading Shirt of Flame, and I think her autobiography was perfect for me to read right now.

Linking up with Ginny's yarn along.

10 comments:

  1. Oh your yarn looks perfect for those little flowers - such a nice shine and lovely colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that basket of thin yarn and I know you can crochet a garland! Looks like your reading has a theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers look beautiful - very delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful color yarn! I'm sure you will make it work with a project. I loved Story of a Soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those itty flowers are just so darn cute!!!! love them. and dainty! I really think you're going to be super happy you chose that yarn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This yarn looks so pretty in the colors you have chosen. I'm excited to see your finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blessed (soon to be saint!)! Louis and Zelie 's letters are good- and especially nice for when you just have a little time to read here and there, as you can just read one at a time. It helped me to get to know Zelie a lot better- she was different from what I expected!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like good Lenten reading kick to me :) fun garland idea and the hexipuffs are always fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors of your thread. You are going to have a lot of pretty little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, lovely colors.

    What do you do with the hexipuffs, anyway?

    ReplyDelete