Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Hats!


Fox hat #1--complete! Just in need of some button eyes. The construction of this is very interesting. It starts from the bottom up until you reach the end of the face, then you break the white and continue knitting up around the back, top, and then down the front again for the nose. Not exactly TV knitting, but lots of fun.

Right now I'm taking a break from foxes to knit a little something for a friend. And I just finished reading Howl's Moving Castle. I really enjoyed it! An easy, enjoyable read that is also very clever. It's a book I'll happily hand to my children when they're old enough to read it. Keith and I watched the Studio Gibli movie based on this book a year or two ago, and while my memories of it are a bit hazy, I remember enjoying it ... but I think it was quite a bit different than the book in terms of plot?

Linking up with Ginny!

6 comments:

  1. Love the Fox hat!!! I have plans to make one, the Wolf version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fox hat sounds like it will be fun to wear. Can't wait to see the finished item. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the movie but the book sounds good :) love the fox hat!!! Two more to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book and the movie are so different, I was shocked when I finally read the book. I loved Howl's Moving Castle so much that it's one I've rewatched dozens of times. So reading all that difference about Whales and inter-dimensional travel really caught me off guard. It's great that you like it, though! You should move onto The Chronicles of Chrestomanci by the same author. It's better than Howl's.

    Also, love that green yarn. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those fox hats are going to be SO. Cute. I can't wait to see them on the boys :)

    And I'm with Nicole, DEFINITELY read all the Chrestomanci books - honestly, everything that author has written is pretty great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you all know that Howl's has a sequel? It's called House of Many Ways and came out in 2008. I just discovered this in my store tonight. Pretty sure I encountered it before, but it caught my attention more because of this conversation thread.

    http://www.amazon.com/House-Many-Ways-World-Howl/dp/0061477974/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0RTK6B6DSM560PSG6V76

    ReplyDelete