Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Leaves and Colors


I have been parenting solo since Friday, so, not much time for knitting or reading this week. But I met with the webcomic Namesake a few days ago, and ... well, that consumed my life for a few days. Now I'm caught up and have to wait for each page like a normal person. If you like fairy-tales, fanasy, and stories that are very meta ... you should read it. :) (Also if you like Oz. And super cute, not too sappy romance.)

I also recently read Eleanor & Park, which was ... okay. I really liked the beginning, which I thought was very original; not so much the second half. 

I've knit a few more leaves for Michael's blanket. Number 48 is on the needles out of 110, according to the pattern. I might stop at 100, depending on how big it is. (Although when you've come that far and only have ten left, I guess you might as well keep going!) 

My original idea was to stick only to leaf colors--green, brown, orange, red, yellow, plus some blue for the sky peaking through the leaves. But I'm wondering if maybe I should branch out? Maybe try some teal or some other jewel tone? I'm not sure. What do you think? I don't want it to look too "scrappy" ... perhaps I should buy more yarn in some of the colors I already have to keep it unified? 

A skein of teal?
Linking up with Ginny.

11 comments:

  1. I love what you have done so far!!! I love the skein in last picture - I think it depends on what you want to accomplish so I am not sure about adding or not adding (I don't remember if I saw a pattern for this). But the leaves are lovely and I am sure whatever you do with it will be quite pleasing and beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/family-tree-afghan :)

      So, it just occurred to me to count, and there are six colors in the original pattern. I kind of like how the original afghan looks, so that's probably a good thing to keep in mind!

      Delete
  2. I love the leaves, great selection of colours. I really want to see the finished one, looks like an interesting idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your question about adding or not adding colours is a very hard one... I like the rather natural and somewhat dusty colours you have chosen so far. But if you stay in this 'muted' realm I think some colours outside the leaf spectrum would be lovely too. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished blanket one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am intrigued to see this blanket. I love all the colours you have chosen so far. I think there are enough different shades in there; a good variety, but not too scrappy looking. They are gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Namesake!!!! Ah!!!! Yay!!! It's pretty much worth it to buy the paper editions- jst to save time down the road =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Namesake!!!! Ah!!!! Yay!!! It's pretty much worth it to buy the paper editions- jst to save time down the road =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm useless at decisions!! I love the colours you have so far, but also love the new skein, which looks great with the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. whatever you do it will look fantastic! either way would be great :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, this is so pretty! I'm sorry you didn't like Eleanor & Park. I love that it was such a quick read. Satisfying. And it definitely made me laugh, although her use of the Lord's name in vain was very over-done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously I can't wait for this to be finished! I love seeing the color combinations :)

    ReplyDelete