Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Isadora Cardigan


Guess what?

I am knitting myself a sweater! Yay! (You will remember that this was one of my goals for this year. It shall be accomplished!)

The pattern is Featherweight, and the yarn is Tosh Merino Light in the Isadora colorway, which I got on sale from one of my favorite yarn stores before their annual inventory.

I had to go down two needle sizes to get gauge, which means I am using my painfully short size 4 circs (because I am too cheap/lazy to go get a longer pair). Also, last night I sliced a chunk of my left index finger off while chopping veggies, which makes the going a lot slower. (I'm a contintental knitter and hold the yarn in my left hand.) But I'm knitting the edging, and injuries aside, I'm hoping to be finished by the end of the week.


I reached a point last week when I had a dearth of reading material, but then all on the same day I received the newest issue of Dappled Things, a package with a poetry collection on loan from a friend, and a Humble Bundle of six edgy scifi novels courtesy of my husband. So I think I'm good for at least a month. ;) (One of the books was Pump Six by Paolo Bacigalupi, who is a recent favorite of mine. Yay! I finished that one in three or four days.)

Joining up with Ginny's yarn along.

4 comments:

  1. love that pattern and your color is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am really enjoying the pattern, I think it makes a great first sweater. :)

      Delete
  2. Glad to know I am not the only one who is lazy or cheap to buy needles :) Sorry about your finger. The feather weight is gorgeous! I've knit three and could easily knit another one. I do believe I used size 4 last time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finger injuries are the worst for knitters! I cut my right index finger doing yard work yesterday, and its making it so hard to knit today. Blargh! Hope your finger heals quickly.

    That is a cute little cardi pattern, and it is going to look so lovely in thst muted pink colorway. :)

    ReplyDelete