Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Moment for Blogging

I received an early Mother's Day gift today. From Michael. ;)



Those who know me may know that I have a bad reputation when it comes to keeping Kindles intact. But someone still believes in me. :) 

It's a Kindle Touch, which is different from what I've had before, and I've had fun this evening learning how to use it. (Amazon has a lending library for Kindles now! Yay!) It's very easy to use one-handed, which is great for nursing sessions. 

I'm hoping to get back into blogging soon. Slowly but surely I am finding a new rhythm for my days--not necessarily a very regular one, but I've managed to stay on top of laundry and the dishes most days, and today I even started winding a skein of yarn for a new shawl, and wrote a letter to my cousin. Michael likes to sleep almost exclusively on me, which makes getting things done very difficult! (And sleeping. It complicates sleeping, a lot.) In many ways, it is hard to believe he's been with us for only three and a half weeks ... it's getting harder and harder to remember what life was like without him. 

And that, I imagine, is how it should be. 

2 comments:

  1. What a happy looking baby! Take your time, the blog world will be here whenever you are ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh-ho-ho-ho! HOW CUTE!

    And yes, that is how it should be.

    Amazon works with Audible, or vice versa. I listen to Audible all the time while driving to and from work/internships. I've gone through at least six books in about four months. It's helping to stay knowledgeable about award-winning novels or classics. You could purchase Audible's audiobooks and listen to it on the Kindle. Or you could download it to your computer or to an Android phone because it has an app. I don't know if you already use it, but if you don't, it might help you to "read" while caring for Michael.

    ReplyDelete