Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Yarn Along

I type this riding on a writing high.

After receiving an email about it from a dear friend, I have decided to jump in with both feet and participate in NaNoWriMo this year.

Two days ago I wrote. And I hated it. And it made me so depressed. Like, incredibly melodramatically depressed. I won't even go into it. So I turned around, jumped ahead in the story, and inflicted those feelings upon my main character. End Day 1 of writing.

Yesterday I continued from that point in the story rather than the beginning. And while I would tremble to go back and look at that writing, it left me feeling excited, and happy. I guess tormenting your characters can lead to good things? ;)

And all of these things are just emotions, dangerous things to ride without caution. But after two days of writing and meeting the daily word goals (although I'm still one day behind), I feel like I am legitimately "doing" NaNoWriMo for the first time in years, and that makes me very happy. It seems that naptime is usually just enough time to pound out 1500-1600 words. So we'll see.


Right now I am working on a test knit for Little Woolens. It's worked up in chunky yarn and thus flies by very quickly! Malabrigo Mecha is delicious, and I find myself calculating how expensive it would be to knit a sweater for myself out of it ...

If it weren't for a knit-by-Christmas list as long as my arm I'd immediately cast on for all of Annie and Ashley's other designs, because seriously, how cute are those little knits?? Especially the Winter Hoodie and Trane Vest.

I set aside Possession for a bit to read a Catholic book about a teenage vampire for Halloween. (Yes. Maybe a review forthcoming?) So I'm still not that far in, but I'm enjoying it and stayed up far too late to read it last night.

Linking up with Ginny.

5 comments:

  1. Hugs! knitting for Christmas is fun but so many things to choose ... it's true, emotions are tricky... HUGS and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on jumping into NaNoWriMo! That is a great goal. I committed to writing a blog post every day in November and that'a about all I can think of accomplishing. Best of luck in your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the writing! I might have to dig out a notebook and work myself, although to get the whole thing done in a month staggers me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never completed a novel during NaNoWriMo ... but I have hit the 50k mark! :) It's a great feeling, but something I've not accomplished in years.

      Delete
  4. I'm excited that you are nanowrimo-ing. I'm a wannabe. I love that you jumped to where it made you happy! I wish you the best of luck and hope you tell us more about your experience as you plug along :)

    ReplyDelete